A global citizen science platform
to discover, share and identify wildlife
Fungus with an irregular convoluted cap, looking like a brain. The cap is reddish-brown and the stem is white. The false morel has long been eaten in the pass but nowadays is considered to be toxic, even deadly. Its toxicity is very variable. Some people has been poisoned after having eaten the fungus for many years without problems.
Spotted in a pine tree forest (Pinus silvestris) at the mountains. Reserva de la Biosfera del Real Sitio de San Ildefonso-El Espinar.
Camera Model: NIKON D500. Exposure Time: 1/80 sec.; f/11; ISO Speed Rating: 3200. Focal Length: 90.0 mm. No flash fired. DSC_1081, 1083, 1084