A global citizen science platform
to discover, share and identify wildlife
Small white flowers, complete with bumblebee!
From Wikipedia: This plant is not a true nettle but part of the nightshade family, as such all parts of this plant, including the tomato-like fruit, are toxic to varying degrees. This is due to solanine glycoalkaloids, toxic alkaloids which form part of the natural defences of the plant. Ingesting any part of the plant can cause fever, headache, scratchy throat, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea. Ingesting the fruit is much more serious,and can result in abdominal pain, circulatory and respiratory depression, or even death.