A global community of nature enthusiasts
photographing and learning about wildlife
Growing under this tree species: http://www.projectnoah.org/spottings/155... Stem stained orange when scratched (photo 6). It's one of two species I think, both of which are edible. In America there's another similar one which is poisonous (green-spored lepiota). I fried these up in butter along with this spotting: http://www.projectnoah.org/spottings/215... and they were AWESOME. I ate half a smallish cap well cooked in butter to see whether I have allergic reaction (some people are allergic to Shaggy Parasols) these were in the fridge over night and I ate the rest the next day probably. These were growing within a foot if I remember correctly, probably the same mushroom species but not 100% sure: http://www.projectnoah.org/spottings/214...