A global citizen science platform to discover, share and identify wildlife
Nature School For Teachers - Fall 2020 Launch!
They were all over the beach. We definitely did not touch them.
good info..must make note!
We were in Hawaii with a college summer class, when a huge number of them had washed up on shore. They are not necessarily as poisonous as claimed. One of our group suffered as if he was sensitive to bee stings - feet swollen from walking in them and needed ER treatment for pain and that's because he didn't tell anyone for about 12 hours. The rest of us had extremely minor discomfort, if any at all. The camp we were staying in warned everyone at the first meal about them, and told us to use hot water and meat tenderizer on the stings
a Man Of War jellyfish good thing you didnt touch it
That is what it is!
a Portuguese Man o' War?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_...
Spotted on Jun 24, 2011 Submitted on Jun 25, 2011