A global community of nature enthusiasts
photographing and learning about wildlife
When I first encountered this spider, I identified it wrongly. Based on the information now available, I can do no better than Unidentified Uloboridae. According to Wikipedia, the following Uloboridae are present in Philippines. Astavakra sexmucronata (Simon, 1893), Miagrammopes brooksptensis Barrion & Litsinger, 1995, Miagrammopes maigsieus Barrion & Litsinger, 1995, Purumitra grammica Simon, 1893, Uloburus plumipes, Lucas, 1846, Uloborus sexfasciatus Simon, 1893, Uloboris viridimicans Simon, 1893 and Zosis geniculata Walckenaer, 1841. I have a spotting of Zosis geniculata in Project Noah which I believe will stand. The image in Wikipedia for U. plumipes establishes that my spider shown here is not that species. So there are 6 others in this list, one of which must be my specimen, but I cannot find images of them for comparison.
Spotted in front garden climbing around on foliage. It was on the underside of a leaf and appeared to be starting to weave a new web. I couldn't get a decent position for a picture, so I turned the leaf over to get some pictures and, of course, that disturbed the spider momentarily. When I look in the Properties > Details of my pictures, I can see that my interruption of the spiders work was less than two minutes. The first photo was at 3:14 p.m. and the last at 3:15 p.m. My camera is not set to show the seconds.