A global community of nature enthusiasts photographing and learning about wildlife
Project Noah Nature School
mushroom plant in front of the house in Christchurch, NZ
look at the Destroying Angel I just posted half hour ago...I found it today...It is the most deadly of all the mushrooms...
I have read, but have no practical experience, removing the warts will remove the poisonous part, which is supposed to be stychnine.
Thanks for chiming in Alex. I wasn't suggesting anyone ingest this, just that it was different, with a very colorful history and not as toxic as the death cap.A fascinating book on it (and its association with toads) and it's history isToads and Toadstools by Adrian Morgan.http://www.amazon.com/Toads-Toadstools-M...
amanita muscaria is toxic. he has some compounds which were used in ceremonys worldwide through history and in several cultures. but he has some hallucinogene (muscimol....) compounds and many bad ones . a fully grown healty human should not die, but several death were reported from children,the older generation and people who misused him for recreational reasons. (not knowing what they did).It isn't worth it to gamble just for fun. this mushroom variate with the conzentration of these compounds, therefore not reliable.
@aliamirazizi, I think you might be confusing this with Amanita phalloides. Amanita muscaria or the Fly Agaric has been used for centuries as a hallucinogen by the indigenous peoples of Siberia.For more on this fascinating fungi, check out the wiki page.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_mus...
Omg it's a death cap. U will die a painfully death eating that.
Fortunatly, i didn't try it. haha
Taken from Wikipedia... YES, poisonous! Amanita muscaria, commonly known as the fly agaric is a poisonous and psychoactive basidiomycete fungus, one of many in the genus Amanita.
Thank you so much, does it's poison??
Spotted on Apr 16, 2011 Submitted on Oct 19, 2011
Join the Project Noah Team