A global citizen science platform to discover, share and identify wildlife
White flat top with beige underparts.
I only walk my dogs here at night so only seem to see these at night.
Ok I went back to look for it but the grasscutters have cut the grass, including the mushrooms. I will keep looking for the next time they pop up and until then I will call them Chlorophyllum Molybdites. Thank you for all your interest. Any idea about the next cute mushroom? http://www.projectnoah.org/spottings/191...
I removed my suggestion, it seems those might not be Macrolepiota procera after all.In the last photo looks like the lamella indeed have a slight green tinge to it, if you're picking edible mushrooms to eat, avoid picking anything that you have even the slightest bit of doubt about.They look smaller and shorter a bit, all Macrolepiotas I've seen had a pretty long stipe and a big pileus. 20 by 30 centimeters is the smallest size I would go for to avoid poisonous look alikes, size matters when it comes down to ID macrolepiota.For a positive ID you can also look for a stipe that have brown scales that rub off easily and a free annulus that can move freely up and down the stipe.
You can touch the mushroom without any problems. The False Parasol is poisonous in the way that it can cause gastric upset and/or diarrhea in case you eat it. It's not poisonous in the way that you die if you eat it :)
A way to make sure about the mushroom is to take one cap and put it on a piece of white paper and leave it over night. The next day you can see the spore print. For the Parasol it's white, for the False Parasol it's greenish.
Wow! So it is either Chlorophyllum Molybdites or Macrolepiota procera. One is poisonous and the other one is used in food! I guess I'll have to go back and see if it is indeed greenish underneath. I will not touch it!
Take a better look at the last picture: the gills have a green tint.
Thank you Mustafa Rustom!
Lat: 1.41, Long: 103.83
Spotted on Oct 6, 2015 Submitted on Nov 6, 2015