A global community of nature enthusiasts
photographing and learning about wildlife
Used by northwest aboriginals as a food source, but has been implicated in livestock poisoning and linked to stomach cancer.
Spotted on Oct 28, 2013
Submitted on Oct 29, 2013
Wow! I had no idea it was poisonous. We used to pull these out of the ground and throw them like spears, when I was a kid. Just today I was pulling them out and throwing them too, but not because it was a game, because they've grown into the garden. Ugh. At least they're easy to remove.